Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reader Review

Jacqui,

Last week I ordered both of your books I thought it might help to read something from a mother's point of view instead of a doctor, and I am so glad I did! Thank you! I spent 2 days reading non-stop! Right now I am at that point in my life where I am trying to make changes and if they aren't made I realize nothing will change. Your words gave me encouragement and strength! I cried, laughed, and did a lot of thinking. The way that you write is special. You really send a strong message with humor and caring from your heart!

As I write this, my son is on his way home to stay from the rehab center and I hate to say it but I am so scared. I started a new job last week so I won't be here to watch his every move and that scares the hell out of me. But I understand now that he is 17 and his choices are his own and I have to let go.

Your words have lead me to an understanding that its not my fault and no matter what I do I have to live and let him grow and live with whatever choices he makes. There are some other changes I am trying to do to with my marriage and my faith, reading your books has given me so many strong points to get started.

In your "recovery's a bitch" you talk about that book that you felt was your bible. Well I have highlighted many of the words you wrote and reread them several times almost as if I have found my bible! I am going to get the book you wrote about and read it too!!

Again thank you so much for writing the books and giving me somewhere to go where I feel understood and that gives me strength to change!!!

Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment